According to the thermostat, it’s officially summertime in Las Vegas, so make sure you stay cool while enjoying Las Vegas Hemp Fest, Reggae in the Desert and Electric Daisy Carnival. Hopefully, after these festivals, you’ll remember to call you father on Father’s Day.
Here is a rundown of some great events to get your eat and drink on in and around Las Vegas this month:
– dates, times and prices subject to change. Check individual websites for details. *=Must be 21 or over to attend.
- June 3rd – First Friday 5-11pm, free – Downtown Arts District. Monthly event featuring art, music and of course, food.
- June 4th – Nevada Brews N’Ques Festival 6-10pm, $40 – Henderson Event Plaza. Sample some of Nevada’s best Brews and BBQ. A ticket will get you unlimited beer, but food is sold separately.
- June 5th – Kirk Franklin Gospel Brunch 10am, $54.50 + fees – House of Blues. It’s not quite church, but then again this is Las Vegas. Created and produced by Kirk Franklin, featuring live gospel music and all-you-can-eat food.
- June 6th-17th – Las Vegas Restaurant Week breakfast-lunch-dinner, $20-$80 – At Participating Restaurants. Now in its 10th year, over 100 restaurants (both on and off The Strip) will offer special prix fixe menus with proceeds supporting Three Square Food Bank. Since 2007, more than 2.5 million meals have been provided for those in need through Restaurant Week.
- June 10th* – Sundown in Downtown Las Vegas 6-10pm, $55 – Heritage Park Downtown. This event sounds like the perfect mix of culture and fun. Celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the Las Vegas Natural History Museum while enjoying a little beer pong, downtown eats, and 90’s beats.
- June 11th – Summer Wine Walk 6-9pm, $30 – Downtown Container Park. Cool down from the summer heat with a little wine and bubbly from stations throughout the park.
- June 11th – Blues, Brews and BBQ 4pm, $5 – Cannery Casino. It’s safe to assume the best way to enjoy a brew is with BBQ and music, this event combines all three. Featuring performances by Booker T. Jones and John Lee Hooker, Jr.
- June 11th – The MonteLago Village Beerfest 2-7pm, $35 – Lake Las Vegas. Enjoy beer by the lake. Your ticket will get you a wrist band and souvenir glass for the beer, but the food, vendors and restaurants will be open to the public.
- June 16th – Tea Paring in the Sky 7-10pm, $175+fees – Alize Restaurant. Enjoy a seven course meal, paired with teas from Seven Cups Fine Teas while enjoying some of the best views of the Strip from the 56th floor of the Palms Hotel and Casino.
*=Must be 21 and over to attend.
– dates, times and prices subject to change. Check individual websites for details.