May the 4th be with you! Let’s celebrate Cinco de Mayo (not Mexican Independence Day). Remember to tell your Mother you love her on May 8th, then rock out to Do Doubt at Rock in Rio. And I almost forgot IKEA opens this month, I used to love eating at their Swedish Market when I was little. Meatballs anyone.
Here is a rundown of some great events to get your eat and drink on in and around Las Vegas this month:
– dates, times and prices subject to change. Check individual websites for details. *=Must be 21 or over to attend.
- May 1st – 10th Annual Vegas Uncork’d times vary, prices vary – Locations vary per time and day. The last day of the Big Cheese of Las Vegas food events. There are 2 events taking place this day, both are brunches, so don’t sleep in or you’ll miss both.
- May 1st – Great American Foodie Fest 12n-10pm, $10 – Sunset Station Casino. It’s the last day to enjoy some of the nations top food trucks and vendors. Formally the Las Vegas Foodie Fest.
- May 4th-8th – San Gennaro Feast times vary by day, $10 – Craig Ranch Park. Honor the patron saint of Naples while enjoying great Italian food and music, as well as different vendors and events for the whole family.
- May 6th – First Friday 5-11pm, free – Downtown Arts District. Monthly event featuring art, music and of course, food.
- May 7th* – Mother’s Day Wine Walk 3-6pm, $25 – Downtown Container Park. Enjoy a sampling of wines and bubbly, all in honor of Mom.
- May 7th – O’hana Festival 10am-4pm, $6 – Springs Preserve. O’hana means family, and more specifically extended family. So grab the whole “family” and enjoy a taste of Hawaii.
- May 7th & 8th – Art Festival of Henderson 9am-4pm, Free – Henderson Events Plaza. Featuring Art, music and stuff for the kids, all in downtown Henderson.
- May 13th – Happy Hour Gang 5pm-8:30pm, No ticket to purchase but you are responsible for your own bill – Herbs and Rye. If I had to join a gang this would be it. Their motto is: “Keep calm and have a drink!”and they meet up at various hot spots in the valley. This Friday, the location is Herbs and Rye for their Happy Hour, which features amazing cocktails and half off steaks.
- May 13th & 14th – Taste of Town Square times vary by day, price varies by event – Town Square. Spread out over 2 days, this event highlights food and drink from some of your favorites spots at Town Square. There’s a 4 course dinner Friday night, A Backyard BBQ Saturday, and a more casual small bites sampling Saturday evening. Ticket proceeds support various local organizations.
- May 14th – 5th Annual Southern Nevada Wine to Remember 6-8:30pm, $50+fees – Marroccofella Estate. Enjoy wine and hors d’oeuvres and support the Alzheimer’s Association Desert Southwest.
- May 14th* – Locals Only Beer Festival 2-6pm, $30+fees – Neonopolis. Celebrate local and craft beer breweries in the heart of downtown Las Vegas. Featuring music, games and The Food Junky food truck.
- May 14th – Kingman Wine Festival 11am-6pm, $20 – Firefighter’s Park Kingman, AZ. Enjoy a taste of Kingman, Arizona featuring a sampling of area food and wine as well as entertainment and vendors.
- May 15th – Brunch on the Ranch 9:30am-12n, $35 – Craig Ranch Regional Park. Enjoy the farmers market, then head over to the pop-up brunch and enjoy a multi-course meal prepared by Chef Travis Pena. The brunch supports On the Ranch Alliance, a 501(c)3.
- May 21st – Ice Cream Festival 10am-4pm, $10 – Springs Preserve. We’ve already had a few 90 degree days. So what better way to celebrate the heat, than with a little ice cream. Bring the kids because there will be face painting, story telling, a magic show and the chance to win an Adventuredome Birthday Party.
- May 26th* – Epicurean Affair 7-10pm, $115 general admission – Palazzo Pools. Featuring the best of Las Vegas’ food and drink scene. The proceeds from the event support Nevada Restaurant Association’s educational and scholarship programs.
- May 27th & 28th – Best Dam Barbecue Challenge times vary by day, free – Boulder City. The best of Nevada, California and Arizona will be competing for $12,000 in cash prizes and the crown of Nevada State Barbecue Champion.
- May 28th* – Brews and Blues 4-8pm, $35 advance – Springs Preserve. The name basically sums it up, live music, beer and food.
*=Must be 21 and over to attend.
– dates, times and prices subject to change. Check individual websites for details.